• New Home Baptist Church (Hwy 40 in Henager) Sunday, July 24 at 6:00 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, July 27-27. July at 6:30 p.m. Evangelist Joel Jenkins.
• Story Time at the Canyon Center is July 26 at 10 am. For children aged 3 to 8 years. Call (256) 845-3548 or visit CanyonCenter.org.
• Revival: Flat Rock Church, 2321 County Road 356, Grove Oak, AL will have a revival Sunday, July 24th through Wednesday, July 27th. Sunday services begin at 10:00 am and 5:00 pm with Evangelist Jess Lockhart. Worship services Monday through Thursday begin at 7 p.m. with Evangelist Mark Askew. Pastor Junior Croft invites everyone to participate.
• Mt. View Primitive Baptist Church (454 Love Road Fort Payne) invites you to their annual Homecoming Service on Sunday, July 24 at 10:30 am.
• A bingo fundraiser for the Altrusa Club of Fort Payne/DeKalb will be held on July 30 at the VFW Post Home from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Prizes for each game. The cost is $5 per card with a limit of four cards per person. Proceeds go to scholarships for 2023 graduates. For more information, call (256) 996-4269 or (256) 630-2583.
• The 2nd Annual Lil Mole Run Golf Tournament will be held on July 30th. Shotgun start at 8:00 am Call (256) 634-2104 for more information.
• The second annual DCRW Red White and Blue Dinner is scheduled for July 30 at 6:00 pm at Steel Magnolia Farm in Sylvania with guest speaker Nick Welden, DeKalb County Sheriff. The funds collected go to support the “Caring For America Project”. Tickets are available now for $50 each. For more information, please contact President Cindy Holcomb at 256-717-7528. The last day for ticket sales is July 22nd.
• Singing: Red Book singing at Fyffe First Baptist Church on Sunday 31 July at 6pm
• Songwriter Roundup with Skip Cochran, Cliff Abbott and Troy Dewberry at the Mentone Arts & Cultural Center on August 2nd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. For more information, call (256) 674-3366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Geraldine Town Council meets on the second Monday of each month at 5:30pm and working sessions on the Tuesday before the second Monday of the month at 5:30pm
• The world’s longest flea market takes place August 4-7 on Lookout Mountain Parkway. This event features 650 miles of flea markets and unique finds from Gadsden to Chattanooga for the southern portion of it.
• Mentone Fire Department BBQ Fundraiser will be held at the Mentone Fire Station on August 6th.
• The 16th Annual Mayor’s Cup Golf Tournament will be held on August 12th at Terrapin Hills Country Club. This event is a fundraiser for the Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce. Team $500 Get $100 Mulligans $5/each – max 4 per person. Lunch included, beer truck, cash prizes, door prizes and goodie bags. For more information, email email@example.com.
• School Meeting: The Whiton School holds its annual meeting on August 13th in the old Whiton School building from 11am to 1pm. Everyone is asked to bring their favorite food to share with friends old and new. Call and invite a friend!
• The Little River Arts Council General Meeting will be held on August 13 at the Mentone Inn and Linger Longer Pavilion from 5:00pm to 7:30pm
• Paint Like Bob Ross class, taught by Certified Bob Ross Instructor Gary Grider, will be held on August 13th from 9am to 1:30pm at the Mentone Arts & Cultural Center. Cost is $100, limited to 12 students. For more information, call (256) 674-3366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Flarity Reunion is scheduled for Sunday, August 14 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Fischer Rescue Squad Building, with a performance by the Fortner Brothers 4 Christ after lunch. Bring food and old pictures. If you have any questions, contact Ed Thacker at 256.997.6876.
• The Boom Days Heritage Celebration is scheduled for September 16-17 in downtown Fort Payne.
• The Mentone Colorfest is scheduled for the 15th-16th. scheduled for October. The venue has been moved from Brow Park to the former Moon Lake School campus.
• The 2022 Rainsville Farmers Market season is underway. The market is open Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Farmers Market Pavilion in the Rainsville Field of Dreams.
• The Moon Lake Community Library is now Mentone’s public library. The opening hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Visit moonlakelibrary.org for more information.
• Child Find Public Service Announcement: Child Find is an effort to find, identify and assess individuals with disabilities who might benefit from special education services. If you know such a person from birth to age 21, you can call the school district coordinator. DeKalb County Schools Special Education Coordinator, Stacey Wright 256.638.4131 ext. 144 or Fort Payne City Schools Special Education Coordinator, Paula Musket 256.845.0915 ext. 7019.
• The Henagar City Council holds regular monthly meetings on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at 6pm. The next sessions are on August 1st and 15th, September 5th and 19th, October 3rd and 17th, November 7th and 21st and December 24th. 5 & 19.
• The DeKalb County Democrats meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 205 Gault Avenue N. Fort Payne. Dinner-5:30. Program 6:15.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets every Tuesday and Saturday at 6:00 pm and Thursday at 11:00 am at St. Joseph’s Episcopal Church, Mentone.
• The DeKalb County Animal Adoption Center offers online adoption applications. If you are visiting the shelter, please call 256-304-0474 before entering the facility. The shelter is located at 2601 Jordan Road SW in Fort Payne.
• Narcotics Anonymous 24-hour Helpline 800-230-5109. www.meaana.com.
• The following programs are offered at DeKalb County Council on Aging at 600 Tyler Ave, SE, Fort Payne (call 256-845-8590 for more information):
– Ballroom Dancing Class: Monday 6pm – 7:30pm, $5 per week, ages 14+
– All About Seniors: 1st Thursday of the month at 10am
– Ceramics/pottery: (below) Mon & Wed 9am-12pm, age 55+
– Duos & Solos Square Dancing Club: Thursday 6:30pm – 8:30pm EXPERIENCED square dancers start anytime, NEW dancers start in September and February. $20 per month, ages 10+
– Exercise Room: Available Monday-Friday 8am-12pm (downstairs), ages 55+
– Joyful Hearts Homemakers & Community Leaders Club: Friday 9am to 12pm,
– Line dancing classes, Tuesday, age 55+: Beginner class 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., advanced class 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m
– Low Impact Exercise Class for Age 55+: 9:30am to 10:00am Mon, Wed, & Fri
– SAIL Practice Course: Friday 10:15am – 11:15am (Come to course at 9:30am to get permission to attend)
– Parkinson’s Support Group: 2nd Thursday of every month at 1 p.m
– Round Dancing: Tuesday 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. EXPERIENCED Round Dancers start anytime, NEW dancers start in June, $5 per class, ages 14+
– Tai Chi class: Tuesday 10:00 – 11:00
– Veteran’s Breakfast: 2nd Thursday in even months from 9am to 11am
_ Monday through Friday programs: Grocery Assistance, Senior Activity Centers, Prescription Drug Assistance (SenioRx), Medicare Assistance (SHIP) and Rural Public Transportation. Call for more information.